Sunday, July 15, 2007

I forgot to post on Friday, so I'm going to summarize what I can remember. In the morning everyone came over to our room to have a pancake breakfast. During breakfast, we watched the Freedom Writers, which is a very good movie. It was very emotionally moving, and I almost cried several times...We then ate lunch and Rendez-voued at the buiding where the lattice conference was taking place. The first talk was given by a graduate student on a formula of probability in different games she had derived. The second talk was about Chebechev polynomials and their useful properties. I liked this lecture a lot, because the speaker explained his subject material before jumping into it. This way people who didn't know what Chebechev polynomials were (us) could follow along easily.

No comments: